With a few clicks you can get client data from a client’s habits on various social media platforms, messenger applications, online marketplaces, and more. This means you build a true picture of who you are meeting.
We use multiple online sources to gather an overview of their online activity that’s tied to both their email address and mobile phone, so you can learn more about who you are meeting. The moment they book an appointment you can undertake an analysis, revealing links to any registered, publicly available channels including:
- Pure social media platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- Messenger applications: Skype, Messenger, Whatsapp, Snapchat
- Online marketplaces: eBay, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft
- Travel-related platforms: TripAdvisor, Airbnb, Foursquare, Booking.com
- Music platforms: last.fm, Pandora, Spotify
- Specialized platforms: GitHub, Gravatar
- And more.
It’s important to note it makes use of information the owner of an email address or phone number has chosen to make public about themselves.
Not using this feature?
You’re probably not getting valuable information that can help you build a stronger relationship with the client on the day – and it’s a tool that’s included at no extra cost. Also, and more importantly, you’re not adding extra confidence to your safety checks so you have the full picture of who you or your team are meeting. By running a simple check, and building it into your preparation before the market appraisal there’s peace of mind, and an extra competitive edge.
- It’s important to show your team you do all you can to bolster valuer safety. This doesn’t replace safeguarding checks, but can add extra confidence to what you already do, or raise red flags.
- Most people have some form of footprint that they’ve shared. You can use this to get an angle to talk to the client, whether that’s on who they support in sports to mutual connections you may have.
- You have a feel for who you are meeting and a check on their footprint helps you feel informed.
Let’s get you started!
- The footprint is found under the ‘Research’ section of Acaboom and is produced automatically.
- In desktop click on either the green ‘Research’ traffic light or on the ‘Actions’ button on the right hand side of the main screen.
- If you are using the app, the valuer will receive an automatic notification 15 minutes before the appraisal to remind them to view the report, eliminating the need to remember or print anything.
- Here you will see property research on the left and client digital footprint on the right.
- Click on the link to get the footprint:
Once displayed you will see what accounts are being used with that particular email and telephone numbers plus where the contact information is not being used:
This is then repeated on the screen for the telephone number.