What is the secret to creating great video content as an agent?
There is no one answer to this question, as what works for one estate agent may not work for another. However, there are a few tips that all agents can use to create more engaging videos for clients.
One of the most important things to remember when creating a video to a potential client is to be yourself. Don’t try to be someone else or second guess what a video should be. The client has already met you, so bring out your personality! Recall their names and those of their family, bring up questions and the things that were important to them.
- When it comes to how to sit, consider headroom. Film-makers say you should normally leave about a centimetre or so from the head and the top of the frame. Otherwise, you may cut off the top of your head.
- If you’re shooting outdoors, take the sun out of the equation. Shoot in the shade! If you shoot in direct sunlight, you will be squinting. Also, if you are using the sun as a main light source, the light will constantly be changing.
- If you are indoors, although some vloggers have circle lights that make you think you need to sit with the light face on, it should really be slightly to the side of the camera. Lighting is usually done on a 3-point system. The camera is facing the person, and then the lights fit around that to chase the shadows (and double chins) away. The light is to the left or right of the camera. Without studio lights or even a basic light, it’s good to approach it like this. Find the natural light source in the room, a window or open a door. Turn off the main room light above their heads. Sit with the window on one side at an angle, then if you have a lamp move that around in front, left or right of the camera.
- Using a tripod can also be helpful to keep your videos stable and in focus. However, if you’re starting out, just hold your smartphone steady, or place it on a table.
- To film a video on your smartphone, try to align your camera with the top of your head, and remember that you should be facing the light source.
- Be sure to keep your videos short and sweet! The ideal length is around two minutes.
- A real wow moment comes when you can include footage of the inside and outside of the home, which is why filming outside the property is so exciting and unique. It’s shareable and feels really personalised.
Including a call to action at the end of your video is also essential. This could be as simple as telling the potential client to view the proposal or to come back to you with any questions that same day.
Want to try personalised agent videos for youself? Speak to us today!